Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Alright, Already...


So I've FINALLY figured out how to achieve getting more than 3 comments on my posts- don't post anything for a week. Becky: Yep. Amy: Yep. I don't like writing much on here- who really cares what my kid's doing or whatever...Somewhere 3 people are actually going to read this. Here's an update on what is going on: I try to work full time at the store (P.S. Mom no laughing). I'm taking 12 credits at UVU (Drawing, Race & Minority Relations, Meteorology, Computers). I have a two year old that is smarter than all get out. Nothing really exciting and no new pictures. Heath is working full time at the restaurant and part time at the flight center. Hopefully our schedule will slow down soon, probably not. Anyway we are grateful for all of the wonderful people in our lives that help us accomplish these many tasks. The only thing to post about are the current political issues facing our great nation and because the majority of you don't see eye-to-eye with me I've decided just to leave it alone. Probably best, people get defensive ("what" you might say? Not me, I'm cool- yeah right) and frankly a little irrational when it comes to some of the topics/people running. It will be interesting. So, that's all for now. I'm done. Hope all is well with everyone. P.S. The holidays are coming up and I'm SUPER excited about taking McKenzie out trick-or-treating for the first time! She of course has no clue what this is and what she will have to endure the night of. Oh well. Everyone wears masks lady, literally (that is my nonchalant way of being "intellectual" and "insightful").

7 comments:

Becky said...

Hey!! I've missed you. Well, I guess if us 3 people aren't worth your time/efforts then you can just... I don't know... focus on school, work, and family. Oh, well. I'll take what I can get.

P.S. "You can put lipstick on a pig..."?!?! Admit it, that was bad.

The Harveys said...

P.S. The lipstick on a pig comment was directed towards the policies in general, maybe Obama should take a few pointers from Palin on how to completely avoid the issues and just bad mouth the opposing side. I forget who is your presidental nominee? At least our guy isn't hiding behind someone's skirt... I still love you and I know you don't hate me just the democrats. :)

Reeses Pieces said...

So next time I'm in Utah I need to come to your store with my Mom. I love it up there and I'm sure my Mom would like to drive up with me too. Maybe during the Christmas Holiday. Sounds like you're busy. Busy is good though. I'm so bored living in TN. I may even start looking for a job. Who knows....

Amylee said...

As for me- good thing McCain is hiding behind Palin's skirt- I never liked him much anyway. Me, defensive???? Always, my friend. Always. I'm glad we are opposites- it makes our relationship more complex.

Becky said...

Jeepers! I was playing around because you said it was best not to talk about it :) But since you called me a hater, I must respond...

I hate no one, democrats have great qualities - I love their compassionate outlook and dedication to fund education, but I fear for our health care with their future plans. We all know Palin was the best thing that ever happened to... whatever his name is' campaign. And, I saw the speech, I know what Obama was referring to - it was still bad. Everyone there chuckled the second he mentioned lipstick on a pig.

Well, that was long - maybe I should have emailed you instead! Oh well. Lova ya!

The Harveys said...

Do you see what happens with the mention of politics?! The problem with the leaving the messages and things on blogger and emails is that sarcasm can't be detected. I knew you were kidding around and I was just poking fun at it. :) I certainly don't think that Obama is going to ride in on his white shiny horse and save the world- I'm not an idiot. I just think he is a much better choice than McCain and honestly if I was a strong republican I would seriously wonder how that man made it to the finish with so many other excellent choices available. Oh well. I still love you and always will. I'm so glad we are friends and that we are able to talk about such topics in a rational way. P.S. You are right- probably should've just emailed.

Becky said...

Since we're leaving gigantic comments on your blog... ya. We need to get together soon. So much to talk about, and so many things that must not be mentioned online! :) Lets do it soon - but you are busy with school and such. So, tell me when is the best time of week for you?

P.S. I laughed out loud watching that clip. Seriously, Wyatt thinks I'm insane when he hears me laughing to myself like that.