Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Dad...

I lost my mind. Heath and I went to Wyoming this weekend- pictures to come. I forgot to call my fabulous DAD on Father's Day!! I'm an only child- he only gets one call. I feel awful and am trying to redeem myself by posting something special just for him. I really couldn't be any luckier and I wonder every day why the world works like it does, why my fantastic parents couldn't have any more kids!! Oh well. So I found this poem (I couldn't write my own because it is way too tender of a subject).
I love you Dad:
You may have thought I didn't see,
Or that I hadn't heard,
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.

Perhaps you thought I missed it all,
And that we'd grow apart,
But Dad, I picked up everything,
It's written on my heart.

Without you, Dad, I wouldn't be
The woman I am today;
You built a strong foundation
No one can take away.

I've grown up with your values,
And I'm very glad I did;
So here's to you, dear father,
From your forever grateful kid.

2 comments:

Amylee said...

That is a really sweet poem. I will probably steal it. Also, you deserve a spaning for forgetting your Dad. Just thought I would give you a hard time.

Reeses Pieces said...

Oh that's so sweet. What a kind gesture. Man, I haven't seen your parents forever. Tell them hi!