Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Water for Elephants

This is an interesting book. I loved it because I've always considered being a veterinarian and maybe someday with time and money..... I don't think I've ever read a story where the main character is just that. I definitely recommend it. Jacob gives you a reason to look at older people in a new way.

... you're five, you know you age down to the month. Even in your twenties you know how old you are. I'm twenty-three, you say, or maybe twenty-seven. But then in your thirties something strange starts to happen. It's a mere hiccup at first, an instant of hesitation. How old are you? Oh, I'm- you start confidently, but then you stop. You were going to say thirty-three, but you're not. You're thirty-five. And then you're bothered, because you wonder if this is the beginning of the end. It is, of course, but it's decades before you admit it...
- Sara Gruen, Water For Elephants

The only thing about this book: it has a few explicit scenes- worth skipping over if you're faint of heart.

No comments: